1. Sorry, I got high/drunk/laid last night is not a valid excuse for missing class
2. “Because I got high/drunk/laid last night, I missed class. I can’t make it to any of your office hours, so could you come in on the weekend and tell me everything I missed in class?”
3. “My other grandmother died.” It’s been a rough year for grandmothers in this class.
4. “But the History Channel/Law and Order/TLC/The Discovery Channel told me that you are wrong.”
5. Dude/Chica/Ma’am are not appropriate salutations for your prof.
6. “It’s not my turn” is not a wise way to answer when called on in class.
7. “I don’t need to learn to do anything like proofread, because I’ll have a secretary that does that for me.”
8. “I didn’t do the assignment because I was on vacation.”
9. “Do I really have to wear a suit to court?”
10. Can I have an extension on your assignment so I can work on a different assignment?