We don’t even know where to start with this Ohio judge, Stephen Edwin Weithman. His misconduct is so over-the-top, so absurd, that it just might be performance art. What do you even do with a judge who, over the course of only two divorce cases, managed to:
- Mockingly imitate the voice of the attorney for the wife, which isn’t as much reprehensible as straight up weird.
- Ogle the wife
- Tell the ogled wife’s lawyer that she needed to provide him with naked pix of the husband’s girlfriend because reasons.
- Tell the husband’s lawyer that all attorneys in the county were stupid.
- Let the husband’s lawyer throw paper clips at him. Wait, let’s take a moment to talk about how weird this one is. A lawyer was throwing paper clips at a judge, during a proceeding. Is this real life?
- Tell the husband’s attorney he would give him a dollar if he could make the wife cry on the stand, and actually whipped out the dollar and put it on the bench.
He originally got slapped with only a stayed suspension, because apparently it is really hard to get suspended in Ohio. The stay required him, among other things, to attend anger management classes, because that fixes everything. Turns out Weithman isn’t so great at following instructions, because he was found in contempt for failing to comply with the treatment program, so two-year suspension it is. We’re sure the Ohio bench will miss him very much.
[Post image via Shutterstock]