Minnesota is the birthplace of Peeps diorama competitions. Who knew? Apparently, our local paper (the St. Paul Pioneer Press) was the first newspaper to make a big fuss about the marshmallow art form. We feel that it would just be remiss to ignore such a noble tradition. And so, in keeping with our love of all things campy and geeky, we bring you the five most awesomely geektacular Peep dioramas we could find by searching the internets for a couple of hours.
1. Star Trek inspired Peeps!
2. Dr. Who Peeps! Featuring the most adorable daleks ever.
3. A tribute to all those network admins out there, from the very excellent Buzzfeed.
4. How could this be the geekiest compilation without a Star Wars reference?
5. Harry Potter in Peep form!
Looking for more Peep dioramas? While we love the Pioneer Press 2015 winner, commemorating the terrible dance team scandal of aught fifeteen, we would be remiss if we did not direct you to the excellent ABA “Peeps in Law” competition, with entries including #BlurredPeeps.